“First for Construction, Health & Safety Training in the UK''
This course is endorsed by Build UK (formerly the UKCG United Kingdom Contractors Group) as the standard training for operatives who have the an involvement in temporary works. This one day training course provides delegates with a broad insight to the topic of Temporary Works, including an understanding of the essentials of good safety risk management.
This course is likely to benefit:
- Delegates who may be involved in the temporary works process during construction planning
- Directors, contract managers, site foremen, estimators, planners, procurement, commercial managers
- Health and safety professionals wishing to gain a better understanding of temporary works
- Graduate and new entrants to the construction industry
- Delegates not directly from civil engineering or building sectors who may use temporary works e.g.
- Delegates who have come into the construction industry from other industries
- Overseas contractors who may wish to learn from UK best practice
- Permanent works designers involved in temporary works, other consulting or structural engineers
- Principal designers and client’s representatives
- People from the training industry - University and college lecturers
- Salespersons from equipment or plant suppliers
The course also gives emphasis, throughout, the importance of:
- The '4Cs' (communication, co-ordination, co-operation and competency)
- Risk management: safety and also business related
Tuts would strongly recommend any company or individual who holds the position of a TWC should have access to the BS 5975, this will also help them revise for the Site Safety Plus end test.
- Understand what constitutes temporary works and how they are used in construction
- Raise awareness and improve delegate’s understanding on the need to plan for temporary works
- Support delegates understanding of common temporary works issues
- Give delegates a greater understanding of the management process for temporary works
- Raise awareness of the other roles and responsibilities involved in the temporary works process
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
There are no entry requirements/ prerequisites for this course.
The course concludes with a multiple-choice question paper which delegates must pass to receive their course certification.
On successful completion of the course exam, delegates will receive certification through the Site Safety Plus Scheme.
Duration: 1 Day
- Customers Site
- Nationwide Venues Available
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.
You may also be interested in…
Do you have a question for the TUTS team? Call...