“First for Construction, Health & Safety Training in the UK''
This course is one of the Site Safety Plus suite of courses and will provide candidates with a thorough knowledge of the role of a temporary works supervisor.
This course is endorsed by Build UK (formerly the UKCG United Kingdom Contractors Group) as the standard training for all supervisors with a responsibility for overseeing temporary works. The course will provide candidates with thorough knowledge of the role of a Temporary Works Supervisor including a sound understanding of the risk management of temporary works.
The course is supported by the Temporary Work Forum, CECA, UKCG, HSE and FMB.
- Risk management of temporary works
- The importance of communications and co-ordination in managing temporary works as a TWS
- Legal duties
- The roles and responsibilities of the TWS
- The role of other temporary work process
- An understanding of the TWS relevant aspects if BS 5975:2008+A1:2011
The course also gives emphasis, throughout, the importance of:
- The '4Cs' (communication, co-ordination, co-operation and competency)
- Risk management: safety and also business related
Tuts would strongly recommend any company or individual who holds the position of a TWC should have access to the BS 5975, this will also help them revise for the Site Safety Plus end test.
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
Candidates must have experience in being responsible for managing all forms of temporary works and a good understanding of spoken and written English. If you have any concerns in this area please contact a member of the team.
Upon successfully completing the course candidates will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate. This qualification must be renewed every five years.
Duration: 2 Days
- Customers Site
- Nationwide Venues Available
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.
You may also be interested in…
Do you have a question for the TUTS team? Call...