To provide high quality training and testing in the safe and effective use of plant and machinery to enable the candidate to attain the CPCS Red Operator Card.
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ requirements in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources i.e. duties charts and applicable regulations.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dragline for travel.
- Manoeuvre the dragline in confined areas.
- Set up the dragline in order to dig trenches.
- Explain precautions to be taken for underground and overhead services and other hazards.
- Form a stockpile by cutting below ground level using bucket attachment following industry practices.
- Position the dragline to load a lorry or hopper.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the dragline in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain de-rigging procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS Dragline testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
- Customer site (must meet CPCS specifications)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
Dragline NVQ Assessment
"An extremely professional, knowledgeable team with a unique approach to Construction Training"
Balfour Beatty UK
'First for Construction Training in the UK'