To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of Side Loader Forklifts, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
- Operating the plant machinery on all normal tasks for which it is designed
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, and relevant regulations/legislation
- Undertake all pre-use plant checks
- Explain need and function of appropriate documentation
- Configure and ready for travel
- Travel to and Manoeuvre in confined spaces (with and without loads)
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Lift and remove various loads using the full working height of the forklift
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle
- Maintain safe working situations
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS Side Loader testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
"An extremely professional, knowledgeable team with a unique approach to Construction Training"
Balfour Beatty UK
'First for Construction Training in the UK'