To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of Telehandler Forklifts, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
- Operating the plant machinery on all normal tasks for which it is designed
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carrying out routine telehandler servicing and plant maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions
- Conducting minor mechanical adjustments
- Preparing and driving the machine on public highways, in accordance with the requirements of the UK Road Traffic Act
- Understanding the purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation
- How the handler machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Loading, storage and transit of representative materials
- The basic construction of pallets
- The permitted loading of scaffolds
A: Industrial Telescopic Handler
B: Up to 9 metres
C: All Sizes (excluding 360 Slew capability)
D: All Sizes (including 360 Slew)
E: Suspended Loads
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
"An extremely professional, knowledgeable team with a unique approach to Construction Training"
Balfour Beatty UK
'First for Construction Training in the UK'