To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of the Grader, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role with a view to confidently passing the required CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A19 Grader Training Course Content:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer's requirements as per the operator's handbook, and relevant regulations/legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Explain need and function of appropriate documentation
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for general grading and side-casting duties
- Configure and set for high bank work
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials
- Produce even finishes
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS Grader testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (must adhere to CPCS sppecifications)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
Grader NVQ Assessment
"An extremely professional, knowledgeable team with a unique approach to Construction Training"
Balfour Beatty UK
'First for Construction Training in the UK'