To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of the hoist, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
CPCS Hoist Training Course Content:
- Describe the nature of this sector of industry and their role as a plant/equipment operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Confirm competency in line with the manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook
- Check the stability, alignment and all-round safety before use
- Ensure that the relevant hoistway protection mechanism is in position before use
- Check that all gates and safety devices function according to specification
- Undertake all the hoist's pre-use and on-going running checks
- Check the emergency lowering functions
- Explain precautions to be taken for overhead services and other construction site hazards
- Load and unload materials following official manual handling requirements
- Prepare the hoist for the required load(s) and/or passengers
- Operate the plant machinery to the limits of operation both loaded and unloaded
- Comply with signals and instructions
- Explain the hoist's working limitations
- Place the plant equipment in an out-of-service condition, isolate it and secure it
A: Rack & Pinion Goods
B: Passenger/Goods Combined
C: Rope Operated Goods
D: Transport Platform
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
- Customer site (must meet CPCS specifications)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
"An extremely professional, knowledgeable team with a unique approach to Construction Training"
Balfour Beatty UK
'First for Construction Training in the UK'