To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of the MEWP Scissor Lift, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
CPCS A25 MEWP Scissor Lift Course Content:
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the handbook, and relevant regulations/legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Check emergency lowering functions
- Configure and set plant equipment for site travel
- Travel over inclines on level surfaces
- Explain travel procedures and precautions over rough terrain and inclines
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set plant for accessing duties
- Position the platform to access a work position
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Access working points up to full operating height
- Travel with a raised platform (where applicable) and employ extension units
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training Only)
- Corby, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
- Cannock, Staffordshire (Training & Testing)
- Birmingham, Midlands (Training & Testing)
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire (Training & Testing)
- Reading, Berkshire (Training & Testing)
- Falmouth, Cornwall (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…