To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of the MEWP Boom Lift/Cherry Picker, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the handbook, and relevant regulation/legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Check emergency lowering functions
- Configure and set for site travel
- Travel over level surfaces (all types) and uneven terrain (self propelled)
- Explain travel procedures and precautions on inclines
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for accessing duties
- Position the platform to access a work position
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Access working points up to full operating height and reach
- Travel with a raised platform (relevant endorsement)
- Carry out plant shut down and securing procedures
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
Customer Site (Training Only)
Corby, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
Cannock, Staffordshire (Training & Testing)
Birmingham, Midlands (Training & Testing)
Doncaster, South Yorkshire (Training & Testing)
Reading, Berkshire (Training & Testing)
Falmouth, Cornwall (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
"An extremely professional, knowledgeable team with a unique approach to Construction Training"
Balfour Beatty UK
'First for Construction Training in the UK'