To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of the MEWP Mast Climber, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
CPCS A27 MEWP Mast Climber Course Content:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose/use of gauges
- Identify manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the handbook, and relevant legislation
- Carry out pre-checks
- Ensure the mast climber is sited and erected
- Keep within safe working parameters
- Place the plant machinery in an out-of-service condition
- Prepare the platform to accept various loads
- Raise and lower platform up to maximum working height in a loaded and unloaded state
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training & Testing) - Site must adhere to CPCS specifications
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
"An extremely professional, knowledgeable team with a unique approach to Construction Training"
Balfour Beatty UK
'First for Construction Training in the UK'