To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of the Ride on Roller, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
CPCS A31 Ride on Roller Training Course Content:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, and applicable regulstions/legislation.
- Carry out all necessary plant equipment pre-use and running checks.
- Set the roller for site travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including undulating ground.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction.
- Set the roller for compaction duties.
- Prepare an area prior to compacting, i.e. traffic/personnel management etc.
- Compact different materials to given instructions.
- Compact up to supported and unsupported edges, against radii and around obstructions
- Place the roller in an out-of-service condition.
- Recognise compacted and uncompact areas.
- State conditions that may cause instability of the ride on roller.
- State safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges.
- Explain safety procedures when compacting on inclines.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
Customer Site (Training Only)
Corby, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
Cannock, Staffordshire (Training & Testing)
Birmingham, Midlands (Training & Testing)
Doncaster, South Yorkshire (Training & Testing)
Reading, Berkshire (Training & Testing)
Falmouth, Cornwall (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
"An extremely professional, knowledgeable team with a unique approach to Construction Training"
Balfour Beatty UK
'First for Construction Training in the UK'