To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of the Crawler Tractor Sideboom, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A34 Crawler Tractor Sideboom Training Course Content:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the handbook and relevant regulation/legislation
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre the plant equipment in confined spaces
- Configure and set for site travel & lifting duties
- Explain rigging and de-rigging procedures
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Programme / set-up Rated Capacity Indicators for lifting duties
- Lift various loads using full radius capabilities
- Accurately place loads
- Minimise the swinging of loads
- Move loads through machine travel
- Comply with signals and instructions
- Prepare the side-boom in preparation of movement post-lifting duties
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training Only)
- Cannock, Staffordshire (Training & Testing)
- Birmingham, Midlands (Training & Testing)
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire (Training & Testing)
- Reading, Berkshire (Training & Testing)
- Falmouth, Cornwall (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
"An extremely professional, knowledgable team with a unique approach to Construction Training"
Balfour Beatty UK
'First for Construction Training in the UK'