To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of Skip Handlers, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A39 Skip Handler Training Course Content:
- Carry out full pre-start and running checks
- Prepare skip handler for travel
- Mount skip/body and travel over a defined route, to include uneven terrain/sharp cornering
- Pick up fully loaded skip/body and secure
- Travel with load and tip load at specified point
- Reverse vehicle and deposit skip body into a confined space
- Recover a loaded skip/body with restricted headroom
- Travel to park position, shut down and secure
- Safety awareness
- Maintenance and pre-start checks
- Identify all components, controls and gauges
- Set vehicle for site and road travel
- Travel machine over varying types of terrain
- Discharge loaded skips/containers
- Manoeuvre vehicle in confined areas, using forward and reverse direction
- Position vehicle to pick up skips/containers within height restrictions
- Pick up and place skips of various size and weights
- Ensure load integrity and secure load with sheeting/netting
- Place vehicle in an out-of-service condition
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training & Testing) - Site must adhere to CPCS specifications
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
"An extremely professional, knowledgeable team with a unique approach to Construction Training"
Balfour Beatty UK
'First for Construction Training in the UK'