To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of the Crusher, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A43 Screener Training Course Content:
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the handbook, and relevant regulations/legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for travel (mobile units)
- Travel over rough, undulating ground and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces (mobile units)
- Configure and set for crushing duties to produce aggregate to specified sizes
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Crush different types of materials
- Sort materials into graded sizes
- Control and maintain the work flow rate
- Use appropriate communication procedures before and during work
- Explain procedures for blockages and foreign object removal
- Clean down the plant machinery and working area
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading, unloading and machine disassembly procedures for machine transporting
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training & Testing) - Site must adhere to CPCS specifications
- Kettering, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
- Corby, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
"An extremely professional, knowledgeable team with a unique approach to Construction Training"
Balfour Beatty UK
'First for Construction Training in the UK'