To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Loader Securer, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A49 Loader Securer Training Course Content:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a loader/securer
- Name and explain types of transporter, purpose, principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, and relevant regulations/legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks on the transporter and prime mover
- Configure and set for site and public highway travel, loaded and unloaded
- Prepare the area for plant loading and unloading duties
- Configure and set the transporter for loading and unloading duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Arrange, use and comply with communication procedures
- Load or direct and position different items of plant on and off a trailer
- Arrange, secure and ready items of plant on the trailer in preparation for travel on the public highway
- Explain legislative requirements for transporting loads on the highway
- Explain considerations when planning a route on the public highway
- State requirements to be undertaken when loading and unloading on the
- Carry out plant shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the Road Traffic Act requirements
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS Loader Securer testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training & Testing) - Site must adhere to CPCS specifications
- Corby, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
- Cannock, Staffordshire (Training & Testing)
- Birmingham, Midlands (Training & Testing)
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire (Training & Testing)
- Reading, Berkshire (Training & Testing)
- Falmouth, Cornwall (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…