To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Rear Tipping Dumper Driver, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A57 Rear Tipping Dump Truck Training Course Content:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with plant manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, relevant regulations/legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for travel (site and highway)
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Position to receive loads
- Comply with plant loading procedures
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Transfer loads to different locations
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges
Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS Dump Truck testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training & Testing) - Site must adhere to CPCS specifications
- Corby, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
- Kettering, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…