To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Excavator operator, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A59 Excavator 360 Training Course Content:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities
- Name and explain the purpose of the principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, and relevant regulations/legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks on the transporter and prime mover
- Configure and set for site and public highway travel, loaded and unloaded
- Travel over rough undulating ground, substatial inclines and level services
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Excavate differing types of excavation in various types of ground
- Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials
- Attached and remove buckets
- Lift, move and place a varierty of slung loads (excavator endorsement C)
- Travel with slung loads (excavator endorsement C)
- Carry out plant shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading/unloading procedures for plant transportation
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS 360 Excavator testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
C: Lifting Operations (A59C Practical Test or A98 Theory Test)
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training Only)
- Corby, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
- Cannock, Staffordshire (Training & Testing)
- Birmingham, Midlands (Training & Testing)
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire (Training & Testing)
- Reading, Berkshire (Training & Testing)
- Falmouth, Cornwall (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…