To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Mobile Crane operator, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A60 Mobile Crane Training Course Content:
- Operating the crane safely
- Responding to recognized crane signals accurately
- Correct positioning of the crane
- Altering jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Routine plant maintenance and minor adjustments
- Safe load indicators and duties charts
- Chains, slings and lifting gear
- Crane capabilities and safety precautions
- Basic theory of power units, transmission systems and control systems
- Understanding and interpreting duties charts
- Understanding how to programme safe load indicators
- The effects of radius change on the safe working capacity
- Statutory regulations and Codes of Practice applicable to lifting operations
- Effects of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load displacement
- Principles of safe slinging and the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear
- The correct and safe use of outriggers
- Transport regulations and preparing for travel on the public highways
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS Mobile Crane testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
A: Blocked Duties Only
B: Pick and Carry Duties
C: All Duties
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training Only)
- Corby, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
- Cannock, Staffordshire (Training & Testing)
- Birmingham, Midlands (Training & Testing)
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire (Training & Testing)
- Reading, Berkshire (Training & Testing)
- Falmouth, Cornwall (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…