To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Gantry Crane operator enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role with a view to confidently achieving the relevant CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A64 Overhead Travelling Crane Training Course Content:
- Current Legislation and regulations: LOLER 1998, PUWER 1998, WAHR 2005, MHOR 1992, ACOPs BS7121 Parts 1 & 2, BS5744
- Duties of personnel involved in Lifting Operations
- Crane appreciation, types, applications, limitations and terminology
- Lifting equipment and lifting accessories documentation
- Load calculations, centre of gravities
- Risk assessments, method statements
- Safe working loads (SWL), Working load limits of lifting accessories, mode factors
- Types of lifting accessories and their application
- Communication procedures, signaling
- Understand the basics of power units, control systems and safety devices
- Crane daily inspections
- Isolating, fault reporting
- Operating crane in various planes as per manufacturers recommendation
- Controlling load movement with various load types
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS Overhead Travelling Crane testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training & Testing) - Site must adhere to CPCS specifications
- Enfield, London
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…