To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Compact Crane Operator, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role with a view to confidently achieving the relevant CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A66 Compact Crane Training Course Content:
- Configure and set Crane for Travel
- Travel the crane to the work area
- Manoeuvre the crane in confined spaces
- Configure the crane for lifting duties
- Programme/Set up rated capacity indicators or load moment indicators for lifting duties
- Identify weights and centres of gravity of loads
- Deploy outriggers to specification (where applicable)
- Explain the function, use and limitations of jib extensions
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing or steering capabilities of the crane
- Accurately place loads
- Minimise the swinging of loads
- Comply with signals and instructions
- Move loads through machine travel (relevant endorsements only)
- List different types of lifting accessories compatible with compact cranes, and explain the limitations of slinging with compact cranes
- Carry our plant equipment shut down and securing procedures
- Explain loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting , procedures for lifting and/or towing
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS Compact Crane testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
B: Mobile Industrial
C: Luffing Static Duties
D: 360 - Pick and Carry
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training Only)
- Customer Site (Training & Testing) - Site must adhere to CPCS specifications
- Corby, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
- Cannock, Staffordshire (Training & Testing)
- Birmingham, Midlands (Training & Testing)
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire (Training & Testing)
- Reading, Berkshire (Training & Testing)
- Falmouth, Cornwall (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
CITB HS&E (Health, Safety & Environment) Test
CPCS A40 Slinger Signaller
CPCS A62 Crane / Lift Supervisor
CPCS A61 Appointed Persons
A66 Compact Crane NVQ Assessment