To provide thorough theory and practical training in the driving and basic operation of all types of plant machinery, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role with a view to confidently achieving the relevant CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
This course is designed specifically for plant technicians, fitters, delivery drivers etc. who are required to move/test machinery without needing to be trained in their full operational capability. Candidates will need to undertake one theory test, and an additional short practical test for each item of plant they will be expected to drive.
A68 Plant Driving Training Course Content:
- Endorsements of 4 x chassis groups and further subdivided by weight
- Options of non-operational and loading/unloading
- Travel in the machine(s)
- Testing/basic operation
- Maintaining safety
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS A68 Plant Driving testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training Only)
- Corby, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
- Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Cannock, Staffordshire (Training & Testing)
- Birmingham, Midlands (Training & Testing)
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire (Training & Testing)
- Reading, Berkshire (Training & Testing)
- Falmouth, Cornwall (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
CITB HS&E (Health, Safety & Environment) Test
CPCS A50 Loader Securer
A68 Plant Driving NVQ Assessment