To provide thorough theory and practical training on the Soil Stabliser, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role with a view to confidently passing the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A71 Soil StabiliserTraining Course Content:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities
- Name and explain the purpose of the principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, and relevant regulations/legislation
- Configure and set for site and public highway travel
- Travel over rough undulating ground, substatial inclines and level services
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for soil stabilising
- Explain action required for hazard, undergroundand overhead services (endorsement C)
- Explain differing methods of loading hoppers
- Explain the principles of soil stabilisation and the different requirementes/techniques for differing types of soil
- Clear the mixing chamber and spreading box of loose materials
- Carry out post operation maintenance
- Carry out shut down and securing operations
- Explain the loading/unloading procedures for plant transportation
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS Soil Stabiliser testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
A: Self Propelled
C: Spreader (Self Propelled)
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
Soil Stabiliser NVQ Assessment