To provide thorough theory and practical training on the Static Concrete Placing Boom, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role with a view to confidently passing the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A72 Static Concrete Placing Boom Training Course Content:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, and the relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Confirm the position and configure the plant machinery for pumping duties
- Deploy the outriggers to specification (where applicable)
- Arrange, anchor and secure all pipes and lines
- Confirm a given mix is able to be pumped
- Arrange and comply with communication procedures
- Direct the loading / mixer vehicle to position
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Pump and control materials accurately to the desired pour location
- Explain how blockages occur and solution methods
- Maintain safe working situations
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures for the plant equipment
- Complete end-of-use cleaning procedures
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS Concrete Placing Boom testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…