To provide thorough theory and practical training on the role of the Plant & Vehicle Marshaller / Vehicle Banksman, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role with a view to confidently passing the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A73 Plant & Vehicle Marshaller Training Course Content:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as the vehichle marshaller
- Outline the hierarchy of control measures for plant and vehicle movement, and the requirement of a work management traffic plan
- Outline the legislative requirements and procedures for plant and vehicles accessing and egressing from the public highway
- Explain types, attributes, limitations, hazards and stability factors of plant/vehicles operating within that sector
- Explain the requirement, functionality, benfits and limitations of a variety of driver visibility aids within that sector
- Explain how ground conditions, proximity hazards and weight limites can affect the operation of plant and vehicles
- Explain the importance and relevance of marshaller positioning
- Describe and use different types of communication for receiving and communication plant and vehicle movements
- Guiding plant and vehicles into and out of restricted areas
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Ensure all manoeuvering areas are kept safe
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS Plant & Vehicle Marshaller testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training & Testing) - Site must adhere to CPCS specifications
- Corby, Northamptonshire (Training & Testing)
- Cannock, Staffordshire (Training & Testing)
- Birmingham, Midlands (Training & Testing)
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire (Training & Testing)
- Reading, Berkshire (Training & Testing)
- Falmouth, Cornwall (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…