To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Piling Rig Attendant, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
A74 Piling Rig Attendant Training Course Content:
- Name and explain the purpose of principal plant components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use plant equipment checks
- Oultine their role in setting up and rigging equipment
- Explain the purpose of having work platform certificates
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Guide a piling rig to a given location including through areas of limited space
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Explain how rigs and configured for travel
- Comply with signals and instructions
- Maintain safe working situations
- Explain lifting requirements and limitations using a piling rig
- Assist in shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the de-rigging, loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake CPCS testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training & Testing) - Site must adhere to CPCS specifications
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
CITB HS&E (Health, Safety & Environment) Test
A46 Piling Rig NVQ Assessment
CPCS A40 Slinger Signaller
CPCS A45 Piling Rig - Driven (Below 15 Tonnes)
CPCS A46 Piling Rig - Driven (Above 15 Tonnes)