Qualification code: QUA801
Qualification Regulation Number (QRN): 600/3691/6
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations - Slinger/Signaller qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work as a Slinger/Signaller within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
This qualification supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units
- Checking and Preparing Lifting Accessories to Carry Out Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Attaching and Preparing Suspended Loads for Movement Using Lifting Accessories in the Workplace
- Guiding, Positioning and Placing Suspended Loads in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
Within this occupational area we offer other qualifications with a similar name:
- Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations - Supervising Lifts
- Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations - Planning Lifts
These NVQ qualifications request the learner to demonstrate, in a real workplace environment, that you are competent against a set of performance statements. You are assessed by an occupationally competent and qualified assessor whose job is to work with you and help you through your programme of learning.
This qualification and the units which form it have been designed to sit within the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) which is regulated by Ofqual. The QCF is a framework designed to support a demand-led approach to skills based on the building up and transfer of credit awarded for learning in a flexible, responsive and inclusive manner.