Qualification code: QUM862
Qualification Regulation Number (QRN): 600/3638/2
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plant Operations - Extracting Plant qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Extracting Plant within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
This qualification supports the Learner to attain enabling, fundamental and transferable practical skills with associated underpinning knowledge. Although part of an apprenticeship, this qualification is available outside of an apprenticeship where either the learner’s circumstances prevent them undertaking a full apprenticeship or where their prior skills and knowledge mean they do not require all components of the apprenticeship. In addition, industry will accept the qualification on its own as entry to a job role.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units:
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
- Preparing and operating draglines to extract ground and/or loose materials in the workplace
- Preparing and operating 180 degree excavators to extract and excavate ground and loose materials in the workplace
- Preparing and operating tracked loading shovels to extract ground and loose materials in the workplace
- Preparing and operating tracked loading shovels to extract, transport and distribute materials in the workplace
- Preparing and operating 360 degree excavators to extract ground, face and/or loose materials in the workplace
- Preparing and operating trenchers to extract ground and/or loose materials in the workplace
- Preparing and operating crawler tractor dozers to carry out dozer operations in the workplace