Qualification code: QUA919
Qualification Regulation Number (QRN): 601/2002/2
The Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations has been developed to recognise the knowledge, skills and competence demonstrated by an individual in the workplace. This Level 5 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations - Planning Lifts (Construction) provides the opportunity for individuals who specialise in planning lifting operations to demonstrate their competence.
The units in this qualification are derived from National Occupational Standards.
The Learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in:
- Evaluating and Selecting Work Methods to Meet Project or Operational Requirements in the Workplace
- Planning the Preparation of the Site for the Project or Operation in the Workplace
- Identifying, Allocating and Planning the Deployment and Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Planning Lifting Activities Using Cranes and/or Lifting Equipment in the Workplace
- Planning and Establishing Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Systems for Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace