To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of 180 Excavators, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the relevant NPORS assessments.
NPORS Excavator 180 Training Course Content:
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform to manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook,
- Other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and ready for site and highway travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces
- Maneuver in confined spaces
- Configure and set-up for excavating duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground
- Place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials
- Attach and remove buckets
- Lift, move and place basic slung loads with the rear boom
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS Excavator testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- Cannock, Staffordshire
- Birmingham, Midlands
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire
- Reading, Berkshire
- Falmouth, Cornwall
- Customer site (must meet CPCS specifications)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…