To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Appointed Person / Lift PLanner, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
NPORS Appointed Persons Training Course Content:
- Legislation LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice BS7121 part 1 and BS712 part 3
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Crane appreciation crane types, capabilities and limitations
- Duty charts
- Crane terminology
- Site access and egress
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Crane stability/ground conditions
- Rated Capacity Indicators (RCI’s) and Safe Working Loads (SWL)
- Selection of lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and use
- Mode factors for accessories
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles
- Planning a lifting operation
- Writing a risk assessment (End test)
- Writing a method statement (End test)
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS Appointed Person testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site
- Nationwide Training Centres
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.
You may also be interested in…