To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Crawler Crane, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the relevant NVQ assessments.
NPORS Crawler Crane Training Course Content:
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and ready for travel
- Travel the crane to an area of work
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure the crane for lifting duties
- Explain rigging and de-rigging procedures when fitting a lattice-type extension
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Programme/set-up rated capacity indicators for lifting duties
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of a crane
- Accurately place loads, Minimise the swinging of loads
- Change falls of rope on a hook block
- Move loads through machine travel and comply with signals and instructions
- Maintain safe working situations
- Prepare the crane in preparation of movement from lifting duties
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS Crawler Crane testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health Safety & Environmental (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
- Customer Site
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.
You may also be interested in…