To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Gantry Crane operator enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role with a view to confidently achieving the relevant NPORS assessments.
NPORS Overhead Travelling Crane Training Course Content:
- Current Legislation and regulations: LOLER 1998, PUWER 1998, WAHR 2005, MHOR 1992, ACOPs BS7121 Parts 1 & 2, BS5744
- Duties of personnel involved in Lifting Operations
- Crane appreciation, types, applications, limitations and terminology
- Lifting equipment and lifting accessories documentation
- Load calculations, centre of gravities
- Risk assessments, method statements
- Safe working loads (SWL), Working load limits of lifting accessories, mode factors
- Types of lifting accessories and their application
- Communication procedures, signaling
- Understand the basics of power units, control systems and safety devices
- Crane daily inspections
- Isolating, fault reporting
- Operating crane in various planes as per manufacturers recommendation
- Controlling load movement with various load types
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS Overhead Travelling Crane testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site
- Enfield, London
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.
You may also be interested in…