To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of the MEWP Mast Climber, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the relevant NPORS assessments.
NPORS MEWP Mast Climber Course Content:
- Identify the basic construction, purpose and function of components and the purpose and use of controls and gauges
- Identify and comply with the manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, and relevant legislation
- Carry out pre-checks
- Ensure the mast climber is sited and erected
- Keep within safe working parameters
- Place the plant machinery in an out-of-service condition
- Prepare the platform to accept various loads
- Raise and lower platform up to maximum working height in a loaded and unloaded state
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake the NPORS Mast Climber testing, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site (Training & Testing)
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.
You may also be interested in…