To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Remote Control Tower Crane Operator, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role with a view to confidently achieving the relevant NPORS assessments.
NPORS Remote Operated Tower Crane Training Course Content:
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with plant manufacturers' requirements as per the operators handbook, and relevant regulations/legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks and place crane into service
- Configure the crane for lifting duties
- Explain actions required for hazards and overhead services
- Identify centres of gravity and estimate weights of loads
- Select and use lifting accessories
- Secure various types of load to a lifting hook using the relevant lifting accessory and procedures
- Ensure load balance, security and integrity
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of a crane
- Accurately place loads
- Attach and use boom extensions and fly jibs
- Minimise the swinging of loads
- Comply with signals and instructions
- Maintain safe working conditions
- Explain reasons for altering hoist rope falls and enviromental effects on load surface areas
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS Remote Control Tower Crane training, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.
You may also be interested in…