To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of Rough Terrain Masted Forklifts, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
- Safe operation of the Rough Terrain Masted Forklift (to its full capability)
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carrying out routine plant servicing procedures and maintenance in accordance with the manufacturers instructions
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedure
- Preparing and driving the machine on public highways, in accordance with the requirements of the Road Traffic Act
- The purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation
- How the machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- The loading, storage and transit of representative materials
- The basis construction of pallets
- The permitted loading of scaffolds
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS Rough Terrain Forklift training, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- Ketttering, Northamptonshire
- Cannock, Staffordshire
- Birmingham, Midlands
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire
- Reading, Berkshire
- Falmouth, Cornwall
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.
You may also be interested in…