To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of the Skid Steer Loader, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the relevant NPORS Assessments.
NPORS Skid Steer Course Content:
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, and relevant regulations/legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set plant for site travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces; laden and unladen
- Maneuver in confined spaces
- Configure and set for extraction and loading duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Extract differing types of materials from stockpiles and other sources
- Form stockpiles of segregated materials and construct (temporary) ramps
- Sort and place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
- Backfill, spread and level ground and materials
- Carry out plant shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS Skid Steer training, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- Cannock, Staffordshire
- Birmingham, Midlands
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire
- Reading, Berkshire
- Falmouth, Cornwall
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.
You may also be interested in…