To provide thorough theory and practical training in the role of the Slinger Signaller, enabling candidates to competently and safely work around lifting plant, attach loads and guide lifts as reqired in order to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical tests.
NPORS Slinger Signaller Training Course Content:
- Establishing the weight and dimensions of loads and communicating this information to the crane operator
- Selecting appropriate lifting tackle, attaching and detaching it correctly and safely
- Safely directing the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions
- Giving clear and unambiguous signals in such a manner as to ensure the safety of personnel and plant
- Determining the serviceability of lifting tackle maintaining and storing it correctly
- The duties and responsibilities, as required by statute, of a Slinger Signaller
- The effects of load movement on the stability of a crane
- Potential hazards associated with crane operation how to overcome them
- The effect of varying the angles of multi-leg slings and how to calculate their safe working loads
- Methods of establishing weights and dimensions of loads
- The standard code of plant equipment signals
- Operator problems of crane control
- Automatic safe load indicators
- Crane safety devices
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS Slinger Signaller training, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- Cannock, Staffordshire
- Birmingham, Midlands
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire
- Reading, Berkshire
- Falmouth, Cornwall
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.
You may also be interested in…