To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of Industrial Telehandler Forklifts, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the relevant NPORS assessments.
- Operating the plant machinery on all normal tasks for which it is designed
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift
- Carrying out routine telehandler servicing and plant maintenance in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions
- Conducting minor mechanical adjustments
- Preparing and driving the machine on public highways, in accordance with the requirements of the UK Road Traffic Act
- Understanding the purpose and capabilities of the machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation
- How the handler machine works and the maintenance requirements involved
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability
- Loading, storage and transit of representative materials
- The basic construction of pallets
- The permitted loading of scaffolds
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS Industrial Telehandler training, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- Ketttering, Northamptonshire
- Cannock, Staffordshire
- Birmingham, Midlands
- Doncaster, South Yorkshire
- Reading, Berkshire
- Falmouth, Cornwall
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information, what’s more TUTS will even assist in claiming any CITB grants available to you.
You may also be interested in…
Telescopic Handler NVQ Assessment