To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of Tower Cranes, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the relevant NPORS assessments.
NPORS Tower Crane Course Content:
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks and place the crane into service
- Explain procedures that must be taken if assessing the jib for inspection and maintenance purposes
- Configure the crane for lifting duties
- Explain the reasons for changing the number of falls of rope
- Explain actions required for hazards and overhead services
- Programme/set-up rated capacity indicators and/or other load/distance indicators for lifting duties
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of a crane
- Accurately place loads, Minimise the swinging of loads
- Move loads through machine travel and comply with signals and instructions
- Maintain safe working situations
- Carry out out-of-service and securing procedures
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS Tower Crane training, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years
- Customer Site
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.
You may also be interested in…