To provide thorough theory and practical training in the operation of the Trencher, enabling candidates to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the relevant NPORS assessments.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set for excavating duties
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Produce cut trenches in various types of ground
- Produce consistent depths of cut in level and uneven ground
- Cut trenches up and down inclines
- Explain techniques for radius cutting
- Place materials into transporting vehicles
- Carry out plant equipment shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Prior Requirement / Prerequisites:
In order to be eligible to undertake NPORS Trencher training, candidates must have achieved the relevant CITB Health, Safety & Environment (HS&E) touch-screen-test within 2 years.
The duration of this course is subject to a variety of factors including candidate experience and prior tuition received, delegate numbers, site restrictions etc. Given this, TUTS don't adopt a 'one size fits all' approach to our course delivery. Please speak to one of our trusted advisors to determine a delivery package that's specific to you and/or your business.
- Customer Site
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.
You may also be interested in…