“First for Construction Training in the UK''
Do you have a question for the TUTS team? Call...
Upon Successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a SCOTVEC card. Their details will also be added to the SWQR 'The Street Works Qualifications Register'.
The SWQR is maintained in Glasgow, at the invitation of the Department for Transport. The SWQR holds details of qualified Supervisors and Operatives who have gained the appropriate qualifications in relation to the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA).
You may also be interested in....
The NRSW Street Works for Operatives training course is for operatives who locate underground apparatus, set up equipment for works within the highway, or carry out excavation, backfill and reinstatement using cold-lay bituminous materials.
New roads and street works operatives play a vital role in building and maintaining the infrastructure of Britain’s road network.
On successful completion of the NRSWA training course candidates will have the skills and knowledge to carry out work to the standards required by the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991. This is the legal framework for street works.
Please see a breakdown of the relevant Operative units below;
- Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus (001)
- Signing, Lighting and Guarding (002)
- Excavation in the Road/Highway (003)
- Reinstatement and Compaction of Backfill Materials (004)
- Reinstatement of Sub-base and Roadbase in Non-Bituminous Materials (005)
- Reinstatement in Cold-lay Bituminous Materials (006)
- Reinstatement in Hot-lay Bituminous Materials (007)
- Reinstatement of Concrete Slabs (008)
- Reinstatement of Modular Surfaces and Concrete Footways (009)
To successfully complete the course you need to have:
- A reasonable level of mobility
- The ability to lift and move loads of 25kg
- A good understanding of spoken and written English
Please contact us if you have any concerns in relation to the above criteria.
Assessment and exams:
- Practical tasks and observation exercises
- Classroom-based theory including written assignments
Duration: 5 Days
- Customer Site - Site must adhere to SQA specifications
- Corby, Northamptonshire
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Birmingham, Midlands
- Reading, Berkshire
CITB Grant Available?
Yes - please speak to one of our advisors should you require any further information.